Thessaloniki Airport "Makedonia"
Visit the website
Get real time flight information for the next 12 hours
Arrivals & Departures
Access the airport
To & From the Airport
Contact the airport
As part of its mandate for taking over management and operations at the 14 airports, Fraport Greece has prepared a comprehensive plan for the modernization and development of the airports. The company’s plan includes immediate projects and development works for upgrading the airports’ facilities, which will contribute significantly to improving the overall customer travel experience, while responding to the expected increase in passenger traffic. Fraport Greece will invest a minimum of 400 million euros for development works until 2021. During the 40-year concession period the company will implement additional maintenance and upgrading works, as well as capacity expansions (dependent on traffic growth) -- resulting in possible total investments of some 1 billion euros.
- New terminal
- Terminal expansion by 30,998 m2, incl. new landside access
- Remodeling of existing Terminal
- HBS inline screening
- New fire station
- Expanding the waste water treatment plant or connection to municipal service
- Reorganizing the airport apron area
- Refurbishing airside pavement
- Terminal expansion by 31,380 m2
- 47 percent increase in the number of Check-in Stations (from 30 to 44)
- 75 percent increase in the number of security lanes (from 4 to 7)
- 50 percent increase in the number of departure gates (from 16 to 24)
- Doubling the number of security-check lanes (from 6 to 12)
First 100 Days
During the first 100 days of the Airport Operated by Fraport Greece there were 909 works of which 48 were AGL works, 110 civil works, 188 electrical works and 563 mechanical works.