Zakynthos Airport "Dionysios Solomos"
Visit the website
Get real time flight information for the next 12 hours
Arrivals & Departures
Access the airport
To & From the Airport
Contact the airport
05:00 – 22:00
As part of its mandate for taking over management and operations at the 14 airports, Fraport Greece has prepared a comprehensive plan for the modernization and development of the airports. The company’s plan includes immediate projects and development works for upgrading the airports’ facilities, which will contribute significantly to improving the overall customer travel experience, while responding to the expected increase in passenger traffic. Fraport Greece will invest a minimum of 400 million euros for development works until 2021. During the 40-year concession period the company will implement additional maintenance and upgrading works, as well as capacity expansions (dependent on traffic growth) -- resulting in possible total investments of some 1 billion euros.
- Refurbishing and remodeling of terminal
- HBS inline screening
- Refurbishing of Air Traffic Control tower (ACT)
- New fire station
- Relocation of transformers and generators
- Reorganizing the airport apron area at the landing-take-off parking areas
- Refurbishing the airside pavement at the airport’s entrance and car park
- New safety and storage station
- 33 percent increase in the number of check-in counters (from 15 to 20)
- 150 percent increase in the number of security lanes (from 2 to 5)
First 100 Days
During the first 100 days of the Airport Operated by Fraport Greece there were 386 works of which 29 were AGL works, 28 civil works, 107 electrical works and 222 mechanical works.