Kos Airport "Ippokratis"
Visit the website
Get real time flight information for the next 12 hours
Arrivals & Departures
Access the airport
To & From the Airport
Contact the airport
Airports' Operation Hours
Stakeholder engagement meetings
In an event held on November 29th 2017 in Kos, Fraport Greece presented to the local community, representatives of local authorities, local tourism stakeholders and local media its analytical construction plans for the development of Kos airport. In the context of taking over the management and operation of the 14 regional airports on April 11th, Fraport Greece held a round of nationwide stakeholder engagement events during which Fraport Greece presented its plans for all airports.
During the Q&A session the key issues that emerged regarding the Kos airport were the following:
• Construction of shadow areas outside the airport
• Odor issues at the toilets in arrival hall of the airport
• Development of baby changing facilities
• Refurbishment of the runway
• New information desk
• Establishment of regular meeting with stakeholders
• Garbage collection scheme
• Noise abatement measures.
As part of its mandate for taking over management and operations at the 14 airports, Fraport Greece has prepared a comprehensive plan for the modernization and development of the airports. The company’s plan includes immediate projects and development works for upgrading the airports’ facilities, which will contribute significantly to improving the overall customer travel experience, while responding to the expected increase in passenger traffic. Fraport Greece will invest a minimum of 400 million euros for development works until 2021. During the 40-year concession period the company will implement additional maintenance and upgrading works, as well as capacity expansions (dependent on traffic growth) -- resulting in possible total investments of some 1 billion euros.
- New terminal New fire station
- Refurbishing/expanding the waste water treatment plant
- 201 percent increase in the total size of the airport at 24,000 m2
- 75 percent increase in the number of check-in counters (from 16 to 28)
- 125 percent increase in the number of security-check lanes (from 4 to 9)