Integrated Management Policy Statement
Fraport Greece ensures that:
• we communicate this policy statement to all employees and persons working on our behalf;
• we communicate this policy and the results of our activities to our Shareholders, second or third parties and to the Public, as appropriate;
• we develop, implement, review and systematically improve this policy and our Integrated Management System (IMS) seeking for continual improvement of our performance in the fields of Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety, setting appropriate objectives and targets;
• this policy will be reviewed on an annual basis.
The objective of Fraport Greece is the safe, secure, and efficient management of the 14 Greek Regional Civil Airports of Thessaloniki (SKG), Kerkira (CFU), Chania (CHQ), Zakinthos (ZTH), Kefallinia (EFL), Aktion (PVK) and Kavala (KVA) Rodos (RHO), Kos (KGS), Santorini (JTR), Mikonos (JMK), Mitilini (MJT), Samos (SMI) and Skiathos (JSI).
Fraport Greece provides the infrastructure and necessary services for meeting, sending off and serving of airplanes, passengers, baggage, cargo and mail according to the best practices and the applicable legislation.
Fraport Greece aims to create a pleasant passenger experience for its customers, thus creating new business opportunities for concessionaires and service providers; as well as to make our airports attractive and environmentally friendly destinations for passengers, tour operators and airlines in the region. We constantly improve the quality of our services, productivity and environmental performance in order to keep our market place in the long term.
Our Quality Policy aims at implementing a system of methods and processes that will lead to continual activity improvement, ensuring constant provision of high quality services based on our customer and normative requirements.
The Management of Fraport Greece fully realizes that the successful development and operation of the 14 Greek Regional Civil Airports requires close collaboration with the interested stakeholders, who are mostly the airlines, the tourism industry, the staff, as well as the state and local authorities. Our clients and partners will judge our success. Therefore:
1. we aim at effective provision of services and facilities meeting our customers’ needs in the highest degree;
2. we will regularly review the efficiency of our systems, procedures and technological advances in conjunction with our customer demands and expectations, under our commitment for continual improvement;
3. our vision is for a vital tourism industry in Greece with airports acting as strong means for development.
The Management of Fraport Greece has adopted an integrated Environmental Policy for all our business units (headquarters and airports), having defined environmental and social protection as one of our main company goals. Environmental Protection is the responsibility of all employees who need to realize the importance of their duties, take active participation in meeting the common goals and willingly commit to the results of their activities. In this context:
• we are managing, operating and developing our units in an environmentally responsible way in compliance with the applicable laws, regulations and other commitments;
• we are promoting greater environmental responsibility by training our employees and providing awareness programs for all concerned parties;
• we support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges in respect of cost-effectiveness, economic viability and sustainability;
• we encourage the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly practices and technologies by applying environmental criteria when selecting goods and services;
• we engage in a regular dialogue with our community stakeholder groups and we incorporate their concerns and points of view in our corporate decision-making process. We communicate closely with our partners in the air transport value chain and work together to develop joint strategies and concepts directed towards continual improvement of environmental performance.
To meet our goals and targets towards sustainability we focus on the following key aspects:
1. Protection of natural environment (including wildlife management);
2. Resource use and waste minimization;
3. Waste management (hazardous, non-hazardous);
4. Wastewater management;
5. Energy management, carbon emissions and climate change;
6. Pollution prevention and emergency response;
7. Noise management and control;
8. Traffic management.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
The following policy is applied upon performance of the following company activities:
1. The Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) is a leading concern of the Management of Fraport Greece, which will use management reports to receive information on whether the OHS goals have been met, on their performance and how well the OHS measures have been organized. This includes assessment of information from the analysis of necessary key indicators.
2. Fraport Greece develops suitable concepts for long-term development of the OHS management system based on innovative approach, creativity and business knowledge.
3. Our employees shall be informed, trained and motivated regarding the OHS risks related to their tasks in a way that they take active participation in the achieving of goals within their everyday duties. The operative managers should set an example for this.
4. All hazards relevant to our activities are identified, assessed and controlled to ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees and others who may be affected by our work.
5. The crucial conditions for founding a safe process towards high OHS state include the exchange of information and communication between the operative managers, the company departments, our employees and any second and third party operating in our units. The employees are invited to propose eventual management improvements.
Approved by the Management Board on 16.04.2018